Time Off

• First we will visit cemeteries to decorate the graves of family and forgotten soldiers. The rest of the weekend will be spent taking very long walks with my beautiful shibas, Heidi and Bandit.

• Jeffrey Williams (5/22/2009)

Right now, taking my daughter out for driving lessons is some of the best time off I can imagine. It can also be some of the most stressful - but that's okay too. :hehe:

I know this one too well. My middle daughter has her permit now, and there are times I wonder if she even knows what she's doing, even after having attended a Drivers Ed program. Other times, not too bad. She is definately getting the hang of the clutch. She isn't killing the car nearly as much as she did when she started driving.

• Lynn Pettis (5/22/2009)

I know this one too well. My middle daughter has her permit now, and there are times I wonder if she even knows what she's doing, even after having attended a Drivers Ed program. Other times, not too bad. She is definately getting the hang of the clutch. She isn't killing the car nearly as much as she did when she started driving.

I see you believe in teaching your daughter how to drive also - instead of just how to operate a motor vehicle. 😀

Just bought her a new (used) car and the hydraulics went out on the clutch. Learning how to drive a stick when you can't get the car into (or out of) gear is not a lot of fun. Then, being frustrated and killing it several times in a row - uh, well - let's just say I got out of the way real fast...:w00t:

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey Williams (5/22/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/22/2009)

I see you believe in teaching your daughter how to drive also - instead of just how to operate a motor vehicle. 😀

Just bought her a new (used) car and the hydraulics went out on the clutch. Learning how to drive a stick when you can't get the car into (or out of) gear is not a lot of fun. Then, being frustrated and killing it several times in a row - uh, well - let's just say I got out of the way real fast...:w00t:

My oldest daughter learned to drive a stick as well. You should hear how many boys didn't believe she could drive a stick. She even had several boys ask her to teach them to drive a stick.

When it is my youngest turn, she too will learn to drive a stick.

• Here's to all the men and women in harm's way that can't take time off. Thank you American Soldier.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Steve Eckhart (5/22/2009)

Steve,

I find it very sad that your description of Memorial Day, "something that celebrates the start of warm weather and time off," is all that Memorial Day means to most citizens of the United States now. Memorial Day is supposed to be a remembrance of those who died while defending the United States. I'm glad that you do plan to attend the flag ceremony with your sons. I hope you'll take your daughter, too.

While I have no problem with taking a day to relax, barbeque, and spend time with friends and family, I hope more people will at least give a passing thought to what the holiday is really about.

Sorry for the rant.

Steve Eckhart

Amen to that. Spare a moment while you are swilling beer and choking down processed meat to think about those who have fallen. And maybe spare two moments for those who haven't fallen and live with relentless psychological and physical pain.

James Stover, McDBA

• We just had a great holiday. Lots of fun with family and friends. Lots of processed meat and adult beverages. Great movies on the tube. Parades, band concerts, fireworks.

While we pause to remember our fallen and celebrate our veterans and on-duty folks I also pause to remember that we are not alone. My hats off to all of them from every country. I guess it's the warrior in me that respects the service of my opponent (if I have any).

This group has members from all over this one planet. As we all struggle with this one common product let us remember that much more than we often acknowledge is shared. I salute them all.

ATBCharles Kincaid

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply