Think Marathon, not Sprint

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Think Marathon, not Sprint

• Very well said Steve ! Continuously looking for areas to improve is key. Not rushing things and trying to do it right from the very get go is equally important.

• Arun Yadav wrote:

Very well said Steve ! Continuously looking for areas to improve is key. Not rushing things and trying to do it right from the very get go is equally important.

I agree. However, the impulse to "get it right from the very get go" is extremely strong. Then whenever something goes wrong with the situation, the temptation is to leave it alone, rather than fix it. Adding to the organization's technical debt.

Rod

• I remember learning this principle during my high school days about 1957 when I was on the track team for the first year.  I competed in  the 100 yard dash and the 440 yard run.  I won the 100 yard dash pretty much hands down which built some confidence for me.  Then later we started the 440 yard run, and I was off like a flash, leading the whole pack of about a dozen runners.  But then the other runners one by one began to overtake and pass me like I was standing still. I did make it to the finish line, but I was probably 75 yards behind the nearest runner by then.

What I learned from that experience was to pace myself for the long run.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  skeleton567. Reason: further thoughts
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  skeleton567.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply