The Chief Data Officer

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Chief Data Officer

• Pardon my skepticism, but I have to point out that the obvious solution to any problem is to create another management position.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• A large part of the reason why I've worked as an FTE for the same company for more than a decade is because I knew the person in charge of all of this because he did the same thing at a company that I worked at previously.  He doesn't carry the title of CDO but he has a firm grip on all of that as well as serving as the CTO, partially as a CIO, and the Director of Infrastructure.  He's a hands-on Manager that can do everything that the team of awesome people that he's hired and about half of that team has been with the company for more than a decade, just like he has.  The other half are all new hires because the business has been so incredibly successful because of the way we handle data.

The Director of Information and the Director of Development all walk in similar shoes and they're not only brilliant in the own right, they're actually great managers to work for and with.

In other words, I'm currently working my dream job and it was a long time coming.  These managers are an exception to the "rule" the Rick is so very correct about in most cases.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I would like there to be some form of professional qualification needed and kept current to be a chief data officer.

A CDO needs to be more than a stuffed shirt position otherwise it's a box ticking addition to the payroll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply