• Nice n easy thanks.

Hope this helps...

Ford Fairlane
    Rock and Roll Detective

• Good one, thanx.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Very easy one!!! ... after reading BOL!

😀

• Well, like 50% of respondents I got it wrong (wasn't too sure on the .ndf option). Nice to learn that it was a really simple question though :Whistling:

• Godd qotd to start the week.

• Thanks for the question,

Since you cannot backup tempdb, it doesn't make much sense to be able to change the recovery model 😀

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Knew the first two were wrong, but had to make a guess (wrong) about which of the remaining five was wrong. Thanks for the question.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• The referenced article states that you cannot perform DBCC CHECKALLOC or DBCC CHECKCATALOG on tempdb. I presumed that since DBCC CHECKDB performs both of those functions (cf. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064.aspx), one couldn't run DBCC CHECKDB against TempDB either.

But, there's a line buried in that article saying,

"Running DBCC CHECKDB against tempdb does not perform any allocation or catalog checks and must acquire shared table locks to perform table checks. This is because, for performance reasons, database snapshots are not available on tempdb. This means that the required transactional consistency cannot be obtained."

So, special handling for TempDB.

Always read the fine print....

Rob Schripsema
    Propack, Inc.

• Good question, but I thought it was rather easy - provided one looks for the three things which one certainly can't do to tempdb and avoids worrying about whether one can or can't do each one of the other four.

Tom

• Good Question, made me feel good about all those sessions I attended on the TempDB.

• Thank you, for your overwhelming response.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Good one as wasn't aware of all of them. Thanks free mascot. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply