#Temp Table

• That must be it... that would also explain the size (come on I know you thaught about that one) .

• Yes I did remi - sometimes we do think alike!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• More often than you think .

• Since you guys have all this spare time,, this would be a good time to find out why i am not able to use my debugger.... haha

Dam again!

• Still don't know why.

• nice timing erik...did the other post with (what seemed to be) an identical issue not help at all ?!

• I downloaded the sp3  and looked for the so called way to turn it (debugger on)and was never able to find anything.. The debugger seems like a neet way to test Spros out while in the Analyzer.

What happens to me is that the debugger window will open, but all of the three windows (locals, globals, ect...) are locked and do not display any data are variables,, almost like i am locked out or something.

ERIK,,,

Dam again!

• Ah, sushila, I missed where you said, run this in tempdb.  Some people try looking in the local db.

Dylan Peters
    SQL Server DBA

• ... exactly why I respecified TEMPDB..SysObjects .

• I was thinking of where you suggested:

if Object_id(tempdb..#tempTable)>0...

This will only work in the connection that created the temp table...since he was looking for it in EM I thought I should point that out.

Really, Remi, you are too fast...

Dylan Peters
    SQL Server DBA

• That was a great point to add... if someone doesn't know that #temp (local temp) are visible only through that connection... but that's another story.

• "Really, Remi, you are too fast..."

thinking out aloud..."maybe we should all gang up against remi and ban him from this site - or at least a couple of the forums - that way at least some of us will get the opportunity to learn now and then...as it stands the rich are only getting richer and the poor are only getting poorer..."

now - now - don't everybody flood my inbox with what a great idea this is! I know it already!

• That would be a good way to dumb you guys up... I learnt here by reading answers. Now if you take out the 100 answers/week, that makes that many less chances for you to learn (assuming they are not all replaced).

• "I learnt here by reading answers."...

each to his own rg - i learn more by trying out solutions for myself before posting them than by just reading answers..that way my retention works much better - most of us are operating on ram and not prom!

Now if you take out the 100 answers/week, that makes that many less chances for you to learn (assuming they are not all replaced)..

what an arrogant assumption rg - when Frank disappeared I thought he wouldn't be replaceable - you came along - now we have (the great) noel, govinn, vasc, rudy etc...where you have the edge is in the fact that you are addicted to this site and are logged on heaps longer than most people...

at any rate...i was only teasing...don't call you rg for nothing - you and this site are now inextricably linked together...until the next rg comes along..

• the other rg are all here... they are just not posting as much as me. As for Frank, he's far from replaced.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply