Technet Windows serials numbers

• Hello

We've got a few windows serial keys from a Technet subscription for testing purposes.

What I would like to know is: are the provided Technet keys work for every language and for 32x / 64x bits system? Or does I need to have serial for each product?

Because nothing was listed in the subscription about that.

Thanks

• I've never tried other languages, but I would guess that the product keys are not language specific. You would just have to try one and see.

• Thanks for answering.

I've googled for Technet licenses information and found nothing so far.

I prefer knowing the details before testing but at last resort, yes I would need to try it out that way.

• for windows server i've seen separate x32/64 keys on MSDN. I think the last time i tried to use a x64 key on a x32 install and it didn't work

• Still waiting for my keys, probably the holidays were for something in that delay.

• you just go to the website, click get key and it takes 2 seconds

• Yes it was the way I was told but I'm not the person who got access to that website (yet)

• I've installed Win7 x32 (for trying a x64 key) but along the process no keys were requested!

As I recall, WinXP was requesting it during the setup! Did I miss something?

• You have to enter a key before you can activate it. There's a couple of weeks grace period, iirc.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • If it has accepted the key before activating it, does it mean that the keys was valid (x64 on a x32)? Or is it the activation process that will truly validate that?

• The activation process will confirm that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply