TDE and Filestream

• Still, it's a bit of fun to tweak Steve for getting the logic backwards. First time in months I do the QOD and I get it wrong (right)!

• Andy Warren (6/29/2011)

Still, it's a bit of fun to tweak Steve for getting the logic backwards. First time in months I do the QOD and I get it wrong (right)!

True for yourself knowing your log time working relationship with Steve, but from my point of view all the sniveling ("I want my points"), that I think is uncalled for. Seems like a kid at his birthday party, he can not have any more ice cream, and not, in my opinion, not called for amongst adult professionals.

Just my additional 2 cents worth.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Yes, we have no bananas today!

Question: ..., is the FILESTREAM data encrypted?

???Correct??? answer: Yes

Explanation: Filestream data is not encrypted when you enable TDE.

From Ref: FILESTREAM data is not encrypted even when TDE is enabled.

I think I'm happy being in the WRONG crowd on this one.

:hehe:

• Until my QOTD gets posted, answered and questions raised about it - I'll keep quiet

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Regardless if the QOTD answer was correctly set up or not, at least I get to feel good knowing that I confidently chose the correct answer. So regardless of the points, I still appreciate the exercise. Don't worry Steve! We all have our moments. 🙂

• I don't care about the point. As long as I learn something new. :hehe:

The answer should be "no"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hai Ton
    My Db4Breakfast blog.

• Stuart Davies (6/29/2011)

Until my QOTD gets posted, answered and questions raised about it - I'll keep quiet

... that is a good plan.

• I assume the answer has been updated, because I see nothing wrong with the question, answer, or explanation.

• FargoUT (6/29/2011)

I assume the answer has been updated, because I see nothing wrong with the question, answer, or explanation.

It has.

• With the issue resolved, wish you all the best for tomorrow's QotD 😉

M&M

• Thanks for the question - too bad I missed all the fun with the backwards answer;-)

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• If the Q & A have been sorted, then 'Yesterday's Question of the Day' was missed from the clean up.... Double Doh! 😀

• How funny. The reprint of this QOTD in the 6/30/2010 rss feed and daily email is still the wrong answer. The answer shows Yes with the explination saying No. 😎

• robert.johnson2 (6/29/2011)

Apparently someone did not read the referenced article before submitting the QOD

Apparently someone did not read this lengthy thread before submitting their "me too" complaint 😀

• How Funny, in daily email answer to this question is True but on site answer is No. Can you please let us know the Correct answer? I think correct answer is true....

:w00t:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply