Talking baseball

• So is anyone as excited as I am that baseball season starts in a week? :hehe::w00t::-)

EDIT: And to add to the fun, anyone have any bold predictions for this season?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Ray K (3/31/2015)

So is anyone as excited as I am that baseball season starts in a week? :hehe::w00t::-)

As a Cubs fan, it's my favorite time of the year!

Bold predictions eh? Kris Bryant hits 30+ homers in the Majors this year and the Cubs win a wild card spot. :w00t:

• Ray K (3/31/2015)

So is anyone as excited as I am that baseball season starts in a week? :hehe::w00t::-)

I am even though it's an odd year for the Giants. My love/hate relationship with baseball has flowed to the amorous side this season, I'm looking forward to seeing some innings in between dinner, bed time stories and after hours kitchen runs for popcorn.

Bold prediction: Dodgers won't make the playoffs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • I'm still sticking with Bryce Harper being traded to the Yankees, that's my bold prediction for the year.

I do hope the Nationals have a great year, they're really trying hard to get outstanding talent and be a viable team year after year. They're making moves and shaking things up.

The Red Sox made some solid moves, I won't predict a world series championship but I'll say 85-90 wins.

Yankees will be hurtin', i'll say 75-80 wins and no October ball.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (3/31/2015)

Yankees will be hurtin', i'll say 75-80 wins and no October ball.

Far be it for this Yankee fan to agree with a Red Sox fan, but yeah, I have to go along with this one. Yankees are rebuilding. Now that Jeter is retired, we'll have to see how Gregorius does in his stead. And A-Rod appears to be behaving himself (so far). I'm keeping an open mind on him -- mostly because my team is stuck with him, and I don't have much choice. We'll see how it plays out. Yanks have some good looking kids down on the farm -- the future looks bright! Keep your eye on Rob Refsnyder!

Bold prediction: the Seattle Mariners, NY Mets, and Toronto Blue Jays all make the postseason.

(Edit: that's Rob Refsnyder! I'm confusing him with J.B. Reafsnyder, who played basketball at my dearly-beloved alma mater many years ago. NCAA penalties be damned!)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Ray K (3/31/2015)

Yankees go 110-52 and win the World Series. Giants go 25-137 and move to Sacramento.

• BTW, we had a scrimmage last week. Went 1-2 with a walk, but tweaked the left elbow throwing. Switched to right handed play and may be there the season. Actually, this might be my last season if I can't get the arm working.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (3/31/2015)

Giants go 25-137 and move to Sacramento.

lol

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• I'm afraid my Rangers are going to be sub .500 this year. No superstar starter, questionable rotation, no solid closer, and lots of guys just coming back from injury. LAA takes the AL West pennant this year.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Just three hours to the start of the home opener!

Go get 'em Tigers!

😀

• Hope the rest of the home openers go better than the piss poor performance of the Cub's crappy renovation. (for those that missed the big stink)

• calvo (4/6/2015)

Hope the rest of the home openers go better than the piss poor performance of the Cub's crappy renovation. (for those that missed the big stink)

Ha, I read about that. It still doesn't sound much different than going to take a leak in one of the giant troughs they had in the "bathrooms" for the outfield bleachers.

• Can't wait for Opening Day in Cincinnati... hope the rain holds off.

• Keep an eye on those no-no(s) for free pizza!

:Edit:

And the Min @ Det game is the free game of the day.

• Just turned on TOR @ NYY! Listening while I work!

Let's go Yankees!!! :w00t::-D:hehe:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,972 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply