Talking baseball

• calvo (11/2/2016)

Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

This last game could go either way... I was looking this morning and both teams have scored 19 runs each in these 6 games.

Kluber is their best guy and he has been lights out....

HOWEVER, the pressure is on him to deliver BIG TIME!

I am rooting for the Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too!!!

Although I'd be okay with the Indians winning it. No matter who wins, someone's drought ends!

Of course, whichever team loses will be stuck with the dubious title of Longest World Series Drought...

No... NO..... I live In the middle of Ohio.... I will never hear the end of it if the Indians win... lol

Could be worse -- you could be in MY shoes! I'm a Yankee fan living in upstate New York -- and I'm surrounded by Mets and Red Sox fans. (And if that's not enough, I'm MARRIED to a Red Sox fan. Yeah, mixed marriage!)

What's worse, divisional marriages or interleague marriages? I'm leaning divisional.

Sorry Ray, the obvious solution is to just assimilate and start cheering on the Sox. Do it for the kids!

We don't have kids (yet). 🙂

My wife's best friend is a Mets fan, and she's married to a Yankee fan. So they have the interleague deal in that household. 🙂

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• So, any bets on how much of Chicago will be left standing after tonight, if the Cubs win (or lose?)

I'm thinking something along the lines of when the Detroit Tigers won in '84...

• jasona.work (11/2/2016)

So, any bets on how much of Chicago will be left standing after tonight, if the Cubs win (or lose?)

I was by Wrigley Field when they won the pennant and things were pretty peaceful... loud & obnoxious in some areas but peaceful. It will be interesting to see how many of us make it to work tomorrow.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• jasona.work (11/2/2016)

So, any bets on how much of Chicago will be left standing after tonight, if the Cubs win (or lose?)

I don't think people are as bad and crazy in the streets as they used to be.

• You know, I think you guys might be right, especially considering they wouldn't be at home, so most people will be in their own homes watching the games.

Might get a few drunk and disorderlies, especially around the sports bars, but thinking about it, not much else.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'll probably flip between this and the Red Wings game tonight.

• That was an EPIC Game 7 last night!!! It had everything -- ties, extra innings, and even a rain delay!

Congrats, Chicago Cubs! Your 108 year nightmare is over!

Congrats as well to the Cleveland Indians! Stay proud! You done good!

And you'll be able to tell everyone who stayed up to watch the game last night (like me) -- we'll be the ones with dark circles under our eyes and making multiple runs to the coffee pots!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• oh man, that indeed was epic. Both teams played hard, played aggressive, and took risks. Fantastic game worthy of it's hype. The drama in that game was incredible. The back and forth, the ups and downs, and the comebacks. There were surprisingly what, 4 home runs? A great high scoring game to decide it all. A 0-1 score would have been a snoozer.

It does make me wonder how Lester continues to convince people that he's an ace. He is solely responsible for letting the Indians come back.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• ....... AND now.... Free Agents can file for Free Agency as the World Series is over.

• It was funny, 'cuz I heard the early part of the game when the Cubs jumped out in front, then logged back in at 6-3 and thought "rats, wish it would have been an exciting game"....1 run double and then 2 run homer off Chapman and I was laughing. I'm glad I got to see the last few innings.

How's 3-1 feel to Cleveland now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • SQLDCH (11/3/2016)

It was funny, 'cuz I heard the early part of the game when the Cubs jumped out in front, then logged back in at 6-3 and thought "rats, wish it would have been an exciting game"....1 run double and then 2 run homer off Chapman and I was laughing. I'm glad I got to see the last few innings.

How's 3-1 feel to Cleveland now?

Yep, they just couldn't finish the Cubs off.... even with the Cy Young type stuff Kluber last night. Seems like the Cubs manager was giving them a window of opportunity when he pulled Hendrick because the Indians hitters looked baffled.... then bringing in Chapman for a third time pitching more innings per game than he ever has in a non clean inning...

• SQLDCH (11/3/2016)

...How's 3-1 feel to Cleveland now?

The way I look at it, the Indians stood toe-to-toe with the best team in baseball for 7 games, only really having two and a half of our starting pitchers, and the Cubs needed an extra inning to beat us. 😉

• Chris Harshman (11/3/2016)

SQLDCH (11/3/2016)

...How's 3-1 feel to Cleveland now?

The way I look at it, the Indians stood toe-to-toe with the best team in baseball for 7 games, only really having two and a half of our starting pitchers, and the Cubs needed an extra inning to beat us. 😉

It's okay, both teams had to poach championship caliber Red Sox players to be competitive.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• Congrats, Cubs.

Amazing game, one of the best I've ever seen. Watched 3-9th, then started recording when the rain delay happened. Watched the 10th this morning and was still exciting, even though I knew the outcome.

• We dyed the Chicago River Cubs blue.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Removed (posted twice somehow)

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 1,972 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply