SUM expression displaying errors for some rows

• Hi,

I have a report that shows debts for individuals. I want to have a column that shows the total value of debts that are under 30 days old.

I have a field that shows how many days old the debts are so made the following expression:

=SUM(iif(Fields!Days_over.Value < 30,(Fields!CostsNet.Value),0.00))

It shows a total for people who only have debts that are under 30 days old and it displays £0 for people that have zero debts under 30 days old but it displays #Error for people who have a mixture of debts under and over 30 days old.

Is there an obvious reason it is doing this, am I being dumb with my expression?

P.S. I will also want to do an expression that shows debts that are between 30 and 60 days old so any help with this would be appreciated also 🙂

• Without some sample data, and a way to replicate this, this is really difficult to answer. If you can provide some DDL and DML that we can use and let us know the grouping you have so we can make a sandbox report to replicate the problem.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi Thom,

Thanks for your reply but I may have solved it.

I just put 'nothing' instead of the '0.00' at the end:

=SUM(iif(Fields!Days_over.Value < 30,(Fields!CostsNet.Value),nothing))

In terms of adding up values of debts that are between 30 and 60 days would it be a case of doing an expression like:

=SUM(iif(Fields!Days_over.Value >= 30 & <= 60,(Fields!OutstandingTotal.Value),nothing))

Again, any help would be really appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply