SubReport problem

• I need a report to display a bar chart report for top x items. The x value can driven from a drop down selection. The possible values will be 5, 10,15 or ALL.

In other words, the user may want to see bar chart report for top 5 items or 10 items or 15 items. If "ALL" is selected, instead of Bar chart report, it has to display the Detailed report directly.

I created a Main Report with the above drop down values. Inserted two subreports, with one pointed to Bar chart report, and another subreport pointed to Detailed report. In the subreports visibility option, selected the value "Show or Hide based on expression" based on drop down value selected. =IIF(Parameters!TopCheckMain.Value<>"ALL",FALSE,TRUE)

However, the bar chart subreport is not getting the selected parameter value. IN the subreport properties the parameter values are linked to main report.

Not sure, what is missing. Any help appreciated to guide me to get this report working

• However, the bar chart subreport is not getting the selected parameter value

Only thing I can think of is that you didn't set the subreport's parameter to be equal to outer report parameter... did you do that? (Seems like you did, but something's clearly wrong.)

• Out of curiosity why are you using subreports?

Could you not put the chart and table in the main report and set their visibility accordingly?

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Out of curiosity why are you using subreports?

It could be he had these already existing and wanted to re use them.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem that you can post for others in a similar situation?

----------------------------------------------------

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply