steve's dataphore

• steve dassin (4/10/2009)

Jeff Moden (4/10/2009)

steve dassin (4/10/2009)

Do you realize that for over thirty years the relationship between the sqland and relationaland can be categorized by one word - 'Failure'.

Yep... you've told us many times. So stop using SQL and go away. Spend some time doing something about your complaint instead of just yakkin to a bunch of folks who can't do anything about it.

So you're better at moving queries than mountains. Didn't Mrs. Magilicuty tell you its never too late to make a difference? I'm not even making you read between the lines.I'm spelling it out for you. My attitude doesn't warrant your hostility. Why repeat the continued Failure?

Interesting. You talk about hostility, but I don't recall anyone being hostile except you. You are the one making the attacks against both SQL Server. No one is making attacks against Dataphor, we are telling you to show us it is better. Part of the problem, it uses what (MS SQL Server) you are attacking as a back end, so how is it better? It is adding another layer on top of what you are saying is bad, just like many other ORM tools do today. Even some of the code you displayed is still using embedded SQL to perform tasks.

So just stop complaining to us about SQL Server. MS SQL Server isn't the only SQL based system with a "problem" based on what you have said. Again, there is Sybase, Oracle, Informix, Ingres, InterBase, FireBird, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, and maybe even a few more. If Dataphor is so great, why haven't we heard more about it? And don't give us the old story about us not wanting to try it. I haven't been able to find anything on the Internet about Dataphor being used in any project of substance, unless I just haven't been looking in the right places. If it isn't being used by people, it is probably because noone is going to take a chance on an unproven technology that builds another layer of complexity on top of SQL Server. They are going to use something like on ORM that has been used, and hopefully successfully, by other companies and has some history.

• I think I have to agree with Lynn here, Steve. You're not really providing any valid information. Posting a few links and then making quip comments isn't providing anything.

If you'd like to continue this, please ignore what's been written and provide a few comments of substance that explain what dataphor does better with an example. How would dataphor improve some typical db solution, say a blog, or a web site like this. An accounting system, something.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply