SSRS Subscriptions with Dynamic Data Sources

• I'm in the process of upgrading my reporting server from 2012 to 2016 and have a number of reports that use dynamically generated connection strings for their data source. On the 2012 server, there are a number of subscriptions that work just fine allowing me to set the parameter on the report that chooses the correct database to connect to and the subscription goes out just fine. However, on the 2016 server I get the following error:

The current action cannot be completed. The user data source credentials do not meet the requirements to run this report or shared dataset. Either the user data source credentials are not stored in the report server database, or the user data source is configured not to require credentials but the unattended execution account is not specified.

I am able to run the report without issue, it's only when I try to modify a subscription on the report that I get this error, which leads me to believe that the error has something to do with the unattended execution account not being specified portion of the error message. Unfortunately, the execution account is very much specified so I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out and any guidance offered would be appreciated.

• Looks like the issue had to do with the account itself. I was able to use a different account for the unattended execution and have the subscription work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply