ssrs report not displaying report parameters

• Until recently an ssrs 2008 report, displayed all the report parameters for the users to select how the reports execute.

Now the report parameters do not display. The reports execute with the automatic values. The ssrs reports have not changed within the last year.Thus can you tell me what you think I should look at?

Would the report server need some kind of an upgrade and/or possibly the ssrs reports? If so, what version would the report server need to be? Can you suggest what I should look at?

• If all of the parameters have default values, then the report needs no interaction to run. So remove a default.

• So you saying that if I remove the defaults, the report will show the parameters that the user will be allowed to select?

• If all the parameters have defaults, then there's nothing for the report to wait for... you could add a fake parameter and SSRS would be forced to wait for the last one before rendering the report.

• I can use a 'fake' parameter like today's date. Could an update on the report server or the database need to be made? Would being behind in report server and/or database updates make a difference? If so, what update do you think I need to have installed?

• wendy elizabeth (12/6/2015)

I can use a 'fake' parameter like today's date. Could an update on the report server or the database need to be made? Would being behind in report server and/or database updates make a difference? If so, what update do you think I need to have installed?

Hi Wendy, this is intended functionality, SSRS has always worked this way. I makes sense in some situations and not in others, they should really have an option to control it but at the moment the best you can do is to add a fake parameter unfortunately 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply