SSRS Report Job failing in first attempt

• Today I can see my job running SSRS Report using stored procedure inside and failing in first attempt with below error , but in 2nd attempt the job runs fine. Please help me to solve this issue and what could be the reason behis this failure.

Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'dataset1'. ---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

• Could be that your datasource requires some startup-time. SQL Database with auto close option?

• Can you post the query from dataset1? It is saying there is an error in the query for dataset1 in the SSRS report.

MCSE SQL Server 2012\2014\2016

• Did you try running the report on the server to get a more detailed error message?

• Jo Pattyn wrote:

Could be that your datasource requires some startup-time. SQL Database with auto close option?

This is exactly what I was thinking, too.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply