SSRS dropdown values are detached from the dropdown!

• Check out the goofy way this dropdown list is displaying its values!

Deployed SSRS reports that have a long list of parameters displays dropdown values at the bottom of the page, detached from the dropdown object. A long list of parameters requires some scrolling in the parameter area. But, if a user selects a dropdown parameter toward the bottom of the list of parameters, the values of the parameter display at the bottom of the screen. This prevents users from being able to select parameters when using a lower resolution display.

Detached parameter list of values in SSRS

• I suspect the problem is the browser, not SSRS. What browser are you using?  It all browsers are supported by SSRS,  and which are depends on the version you're using (which I assume it 2916?).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I'm able to duplicate it on Macs and Windows running Chrome (original display), Safari, Edge, IE, and Firefox.  It appears when using PBIRS is August, 2018 and January, 2019.

All Browsers

• That's PowerBI, not SSRS. I've no experience with PowerBI afraid, nor what browsers it supports.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• It's an SSRS report that resides on the Power BI Report Server, which is the on-premise solution for hosting both SSRS reports and Power BI reports.

The report parameters come from the SSRS report that was published on the server.  Are you publishing your SSRS reports to SharePoint?  That would be the difference.  But thank you for trying to help me.

• I would bet it's displaying where the x,y coordinates would be for that parameter dropdown if your parameter section wasn't scrolled and just took up screen real estate. seems like a bug, but probably an edge case, so if you file it it probably won't be common to most people. Any chance you could reduce the parameters on that report? Make some slicers? Add multiple pages to satisfy some of the conditions? Still easy to use for the end user without relying on the parameters so much

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

• Thanks for your reply.

I agree with your assessment and have filed a ticket with Microsoft.  We'll see what they say.  I'm hoping it's something they can fix even if it is an edge case.  The client really wants all these parameters and this very long layout.  They're used to more flexibility in a prior system which allowed the same parameters to be displayed within a page.  Change is hard...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply