SSRS doesnot show part of a text highlighted - URGENT

• Experts ,

thanks for looking at this issue.

I have a column(Dsc) in a table (dbo.zSSRStest) which stores HTML tagged value.

requirement is to display it in ssrs report.

Issue: SSRS doesnot display if part of the phrase inside Dsc column value is highlighted.

for example just take the HTML part below and try it in W3Cschools

(http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_mark)

the second line is highlighted as you can see.

If you try to run a report from SSRS ,using Tablix, after changing the palceholder property of markup type to HTML,

no highlighted text shows.

create table dbo.ZssrsTest

(dsc nvarchar(max))

insert into dbo.ZssrsTest

select '<html>

<body>

<ul style="margin-top: 0mm; margin-bottom: 0mm; list-style-type: disc; ">

<li style="margin-left: 5pt; margin-right: 0pt; padding-left: 0pt; font-size: 10pt; color: #010101; "><font face="arial"><span style="font-size:8pt; font-family:arial; color:#010101; font-weight:Normal; font-style:Normal; font-decoration:Normal">Defer OPL Canvassing Non Responses - Within the Last 30 Days = Y for the Plan</span></font></li>

<li style="margin-left: 5pt; margin-right: 0pt; padding-left: 0pt; font-size: 10pt; color: #010101; "><font face="arial"><span style="font-size:8pt;background:#c0c0c0; font-family:arial; color:#010101; font-weight:Normal; font-style:Normal; font-decoration:Normal">Claim Member does not have any Active Primary, Secondary,Negative or Speculative SI records on the Dates of Service</span></font></li>

</ul>

</body>

</html>'

• SSRS does not implement all of the HTML tags and CSS attributes - I think that what you are wanting (is it the back ground colour?) is actually not supported. Have a read of https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519562(v=sql.105).aspx for more info

• Is there anything can be done at least modify the HTML data using SQL or an Expression from SSRS side so that the TEXT FORMAT for The highlighted phrase to be different somehow???

Your advice

Thanks

• Can you change the HTML so that instead of showing a grey background you show the text in a different colour or perhaps underlined ?

e.g. =REPLACE ( Fields!htmlfield.Value , "background:#c0c0c0; font-family:arial; color:#010101", "background:#c0c0c0; font-family:arial; color:#f10101")

- this show the text in red instead of grey. It is dependent on the CSS attributes values being known in advance.

Alternatively, can you change the way the data is sent to the report so that the dataset contains a record for each bullet point. Include addition fields that you would use to set fonts, colours and backgrounds. In the report, use the "ListStyle" property for the field (it has a value called "Bulleted" that should do the job)

• on the same website , someone has commented you can embed ajax codes to do it,

see at : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519562(v=sql.105).aspx

Alternative method to display HTML fields in reports

does it help me?

by the way I have used the color change and the management didn't approve it.

Any input

thank you

• Have you tried the AJAX suggestion ?

Would be nice to know the answer - I certainly have not tried it.

If it does work - you will need to be careful about change management. There is the potential that a hotfix or service pack will update the file and your changes would need to be re-applied

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply