SSRS Design to collapse sales lines into 1 line

• In our Sales order entry line details, Dynamics AX, we may create multiple lines on a sales order for the same item. If a sales order has lines in this manner what would be the best way to have the Sales order confirmation report print in such a way that it collapses those lines into 1 line on the report?

Also the grouping condition could be the Customer Line or the Item. Notice the Customer Line:1A

For example I have a Sales Order id of SO-123456 and on that sales order my lines appear as such.

Line 1 - Customer Line:1A -Item: Gold Watch - Unit Price: 5000 - Quantity: 1

Line 2 - Customer Line:1A -Item: Gold Watch - Unit Price: 5000 - Quantity: 1

Line 3 - Customer Line:1A -Item: Gold Watch - Unit Price: 5000 - Quantity: 1

Line 4 - Customer Line:2A -Item: Silver Watch- Unit Price: 2000 - Quantity:1

When the sales order confirmation prints the requirement would be to show 1 line which will be sent to the customer.

Such as below:

1A Gold Watch Unit Price 5000 Quantity 3

2A Silver Watch Unit Price 2000 Quantity 1

What would be the best way to design the details portion of the report?

I appreciate your response.

• One option is to use a tablix, and add the Item to the Row Groups section, and then put the quantity INSIDE that group.

Then you end up with

Gold Watch 3

Silver Watch 1

The price would go inside as well...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply