SSRS Data-Driven Subscription not writing to SharePoint UNC

• The subject pretty much describes the issue.

I have a data-driven subscription with two outputs:

Excel file to network share, that I identify with a UNC, and

Excel file to SharePoint document library. I use the UNC for the library.

The network share file creates without issue. It looks like the file creation to SharePoint hangs up.

SSRS is in native mode ( not SharePoint integrated ).

For security, I am using my own domainID / password to create both instances of the subscription. I have the correct permissions to write to SharePoint, and I can drag/drop files onto the UNC address of the document library.

Help? Advice? Point out something obvious ( please! ).

I am a little out of my comfort zone with the data-driven subscriptions, especially writing them to a SharePoint from SSRS in native mode.

Past performance != future results.
    All opinions and suggestions are my own, unless they're really good. Then I most likely read them here...

• Check whether the windows feature called "Desktop Experience" is enabled. You need this feature to be enabled to be able to write to sharepoint folders user UNC paths.

I know that it doesn't look very obvious from the description of this feature but it is needed.

• happycat59 (1/15/2014)

Check whether the windows feature called "Desktop Experience" is enabled. You need this feature to be enabled to be able to write to sharepoint folders user UNC paths.

I know that it doesn't look very obvious from the description of this feature but it is needed.

On which Windows box would Desktop Experience need to be enabled?

I'm also getting some advice inside our organization that if SSRS is in native mode, that sending a report to a SharePoint Document Library does not work even if you are trying to write it to the UNC.

So far it sounds like the options I have are either switch the SSRS config to SharePoint or use a custom delivery extension that will allow native SSRS to write to the SharePoint UNC.

If anyone else knows more on the subject, pelase feel free to contribute?

Past performance != future results.
    All opinions and suggestions are my own, unless they're really good. Then I most likely read them here...

• ChrisCarsonSQL (1/16/2014)

happycat59 (1/15/2014)

Check whether the windows feature called "Desktop Experience" is enabled. You need this feature to be enabled to be able to write to sharepoint folders user UNC paths.

On which Windows box would Desktop Experience need to be enabled?

I'm also getting some advice inside our organization that if SSRS is in native mode, that sending a report to a SharePoint Document Library does not work even if you are trying to write it to the UNC.

So far it sounds like the options I have are either switch the SSRS config to SharePoint or use a custom delivery extension that will allow native SSRS to write to the SharePoint UNC.

If anyone else knows more on the subject, pelase feel free to contribute?

Unfortunately, I don't have any servers I can check but I think that it is the SP server.

Also check whether the account that the SSRS service is using has permission on the document library.

I am not convinced that SSRS native mode can't do this...I think that the subscription is handled the same way for native or SP integrated mode (i.e. by the SSRS service). I may be wrong on this wrong about this but without a SP installation I can check, I can't confirm or deny that this is the case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply