SSRS - Column headings don't display on subsequent pages

• What property value do I need to set so that the header row I created displays on subsequent pages?

• This link seems to instruct on how to "freeze" column headings on a report:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934257(SQL.100).aspx

• I tried the solutions in the link but they didn't solve my problem. The link tells you how to keep the headers visible when scrolling through a long web page full of data. I am trying to get the header row to repeat on subsequent pages (across page breaks) so that I can print it.

• It's easy to place the headers in the body of the report in SSRS. One solution is to place the headers in the header region if you can. (And the header region is what I'm used to thinking of as a Title region since I've used Crystal for so long.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• If you open up the properties of the tablix in your report in Report Builder, there is an option under General>"Repeate header rows on each page". There is also an option "Repeate header columns on each page". I believe that is what you are after.

• That was checked by default but the headers still don't display. Thanks.

• Perhaps I'm not describing my problem correctly. I've attached a screen shot of the report design. I need the titles in the sesction with the green background to repeat on each page.

• I was sure this would be the answer, but it didn't help. Thanks anyway

• i've had this exact headache, and it really is a matter of ensuring:

a) the tablix properties, tick 'repeat header columns on each page', and 'repeat header rows on each page'.

b) go to advanced view (rather hidden, let me know if you aren't sure where to access it), select the topmost Static member and set 'RepeatOnNewPage' to True.

if the above does not work, then the tablix is 'corrupt', and you have to recreate it.

note however, if you export to Word, non of the above will work, as Word has a bug/feature and won't create the repeat of the headers. If you export to pdf you will actually see your repeating headers working as expected.

• I checked the Tablix properties again and both "Repeat Header Rows (and Columns) on each page are checked"

In advanced mode I can check "Repeat On New Page True" on the top static row group but if I check that option on the top static column group I gert an error:

Error1[rsInvalidRepeatOnNewPageOnColumnTablixMember] The tablix 'Tablix1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage property set to false.C:\Visual Studio\SPDW\ContractorTimeRpt\Hours By Division.rdl00

I can't come up with a combo that works.

• quite a pain, but try recreating the tablix from scratch. when you play around with groupings etc, it gets 'confused', i've found.

• I know what you neam by confusion. I think SSIS has the same issue sometimes. I'll try to recreate the report today and let you know what I see.

• h_d_t (12/5/2010)

i've had this exact headache, and it really is a matter of ensuring:

a) the tablix properties, tick 'repeat header columns on each page', and 'repeat header rows on each page'.

b) go to advanced view (rather hidden, let me know if you aren't sure where to access it), select the topmost Static member and set 'RepeatOnNewPage' to True.

if the above does not work, then the tablix is 'corrupt', and you have to recreate it.

note however, if you export to Word, non of the above will work, as Word has a bug/feature and won't create the repeat of the headers. If you export to pdf you will actually see your repeating headers working as expected.

Upgrading from 2008 to R2 has caused these issues with our reports. Your fix doesn't work for me, and I believe I have a 'corrupt' tablix. How do I go about recreating it (and it's groups)?

• Even though this is an older post, some (like me) researching this might find this useful:

Apparently, setting the "Tablix properties" is only good for a Matrix and not a regular table. We also appear to be having a similar issue (no repeating Column Headers) in SQL 2012.

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours (Richard Bach, Illusions)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply