SSRS 2012 to 2016 Upgrade - Recreating Subscriptions

• I'm planning a 2012 - 2016 SSRS Upgrade (Native to Native), and there's no issue doing a backup and restore, apply encryption key, make the few other basic changes that may be required, and we're all done so to say.
    The problem I have is that there are almost 700 Scheduled subscriptions across 36 of the reports that need to be migrated. Is there anything out there that will automate the recreation of the subscriptions? I'm aware of the Report Server Migration Tool, but this seems designed to upgrade from Native to SharePoint mode only. In theory it looks like I could script the SQL Agent Jobs and just recreate these, but I suspect (and have been told informally) that this option is not recommended.
    I've used a utility before, but it doesn't seem to handle the subscriptions. Looks like this is a hole in the SQL Server upgrade path.

Any pointers?

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

• I've just restored the previous server's ReportServer database to the new server and all the subscriptions were set up on the new server automatically.

• Nadrek - Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:25 PM

I've just restored the previous server's ReportServer database to the new server and all the subscriptions were set up on the new server automatically.

I have done the same. The added caveat is to ensure the keys for ssrs were backed up and restored.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply