SSRS 2005 Error when viewing report in Browser

• I'm getting the following error when attempting to view a report in the Report Server browser:

An error has occurred during report processing.

Cannot create a connection to data source 'Dynamic_Connection'.

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

When I connect locally to the Report-Server machine, I can view the report with no problems.

I also have no problems when I view the report from Visual Studio.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening here?

thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• Here is some more info from the Report-Server Log:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]

• Looks like authentication. Does the Windows account you are using on the remote computer have access to the database? Try switching the connection in the data source from "Windows integrated security" to "Credentials stored securely in the report server" or "Credentials supplied by the user running the report" just to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Chad

• Your report is trying to access the data source named 'Dynamic_Connection' which is not existing or invalid.

1. Go to report properties and assign correct dataq source

or else

2. create a correct data source and assign to the report

My Blog: http://dineshasanka.spaces.live.com/

• Dinesh Asanka (1/30/2008)

Your report is trying to access the data source named 'Dynamic_Connection' which is not existing or invalid.

1. Go to report properties and assign correct dataq source

or else

2. create a correct data source and assign to the report

The datasource works fine from Visual Studio and locally on the Report-Server machine.

This seems to be a Windows auth. issue.

• It seems to be an issue with double-hop Windows authentication.

The way I have been able to deal with this issue in the past is to define my DataSources with SQL authentication, and give the SQL login the permissions needed to produce the report...

• That is probably right. It sounds like you've run into this problem before. Are all the boxes (client, RS, DB) on the same domain?

Chad

• Chad Crawford (1/30/2008)

That is probably right. It sounds like you've run into this problem before. Are all the boxes (client, RS, DB) on the same domain?

Chad

Yes, all boxes are on the same domain.

• I will contact MS Support with this issue and will post the resolution here once it becomes available.

• I'm not sure what to tell you then. We're storing the credentials since users did not have direct access to the database, so our environment really isn't the same. The only thing I could think of is maybe the IIS authentication is set to allow anonymous access or something, and it's losing the credential before Reporting Services gets it. That area really isn't my strength though, so I'm not sure what to tell you to look for.

Chad

• no problem, thanks for your help.

I will post the MS reply here once I get it.

• no problem, thanks.

I will contact MS Support and post their reply here.

• may i add a few lines, please? when report is requested, it's using anonym. account on iis it's hosted, unless that anonym. account is disabled. it can be checked on your iis, whether or not it's been disabled, by default it doesn't.

when your report is trying to get data from your sql server under that anonym. access, sql server complains and it's a good thing, right? so, the way to do it is create a connection on your report server that connects to your database through own credential stored on sql server and it should work :-).

what i normally do is create a shared data source in my BI project with the integrated security for developing purposes. then, on reporting server, another data source connection is being created, with the same name, but sql server account.

when i deploy my report, i just point it to that connection manually and it all works.

does it help?

• Hi Maya,

Does that mean that if the IIS settings are done correctly that the integrated auth will pass through correctly? We are set up like you and since our users don't have direct server access, we use a proxy account, but if the users do have their own account on the server having it pass through is a nice way to control security.

Chad

• After enabling remote errors, the error message changed to the following:

An error has occurred during report processing.

Cannot create a connection to data source 'Dynamic_Connection'.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

I contacted MS Support and we have narrowed down the issue to the following:

The web service account for SSRS should be trusted for delegation. Please choose either of the following:

· Select Trust this user for delegation to any service (Kerberos only); or,

· Select Trust this user for delegation to specified services only, and make sure SQL Server is added to the list of trusted delegation.

These are active-directory settings.

The issue is not resolved yet. After implementing this, I will post the outcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply