SSMS 2012 Configuration Settings Are All Gone / Reset

• Today I find that all of my settings in SSMS 2012 from the T-SQL code in the Keyboard shortcuts to the customizatons to the toolbars/menu are all gone and or reset to their default values. I have not hit the Reset button. Has anyone heard ro seen this with SSMS? Maybe its a bug???

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
  • I'm pretty sure the settings are stored in the

%appdata%\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\11.0 folder in the SQLStudio.bin file.

If you use any applications that clear out temporary files to recover some space, Like CCCleaner, it might delete some of the folders out there, and you have to reenter all your settings all over again.

2005/2008/R2 etc are in similar folders, but the effect is the same.

any chance something like that happened?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell (9/28/2012)

I'm pretty sure the settings are stored in the

%appdata%\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\11.0 folder in the SQLStudio.bin file.

If you use any applications that clear out temporary files to recover some space, Like CCCleaner, it might delete some of the folders out there, and you have to reenter all your settings all over again.

2005/2008/R2 etc are in similar folders, but the effect is the same.

any chance something like that happened?

I think thats exactly what happened. OUr domain is setup such that by default everything is directed to a \\HOME folder and when you don;t remeber to actively change it in somethinglike an app setting you find yourself screwed when something happens.

Thanks

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply