SSMS 17.2 connecting to Sql 2016 Integration Services

• I am having a problem that looks like a bug in this version of SSMS, and so am trying to find a download for vs 16 instead, which i think will connect to IS. 

Using 17.2, i am getting a weird error stating the service is not installed on this server, which it is, i see it in config manager.   Google-fu leads me to believe its a bug in SSMS, but I can't locate the download for the previous version to even try it. 

Error msg: 'connecting to the integration services service on computer 'manicstest' failed with the following error:  "the specified service doe snot exist as an installed servce"... then some weird ref about Sql 2k5...

Anyone know where SSMS vs16.x download would be?

• ManicStar - Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:50 PM

I am having a problem that looks like a bug in this version of SSMS, and so am trying to find a download for vs 16 instead, which i think will connect to IS. 

Using 17.2, i am getting a weird error stating the service is not installed on this server, which it is, i see it in config manager.   Google-fu leads me to believe its a bug in SSMS, but I can't locate the download for the previous version to even try it. 

Error msg: 'connecting to the integration services service on computer 'manicstest' failed with the following error:  "the specified service doe snot exist as an installed servce"... then some weird ref about Sql 2k5...

Check this page out.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:05 PM

ManicStar - Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:50 PM

I am having a problem that looks like a bug in this version of SSMS, and so am trying to find a download for vs 16 instead, which i think will connect to IS. 

Check this page out.

Awesome sauce, thank you!  BTW, the version 16 does work, no more wierdo errors.

• It caught me out the other day; I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it- doh.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply