SSIS package runs in VS but not deployed to SSMS

• Phil Parkin wrote:

That is just one issue, and the error message seems clear. This is running on the server and therefore (presumably) it cannot access that path when it runs.

Ideally, you shouldn't be hosting files which something like SQL Server needs to consume in a user's home directory anyway. Put it either somewhere else on the host, that the Service account(s) have access to, and yourself (and other DBAs), or on a file share on the network (that against the relevant account have access to).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• The error here is telling you the problem - it cannot open the file.  It is looking for the file on your desktop on the C:\ drive - have you confirmed that the file exists in that location *on the server*?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Where is the typical place etl folks place files for a deployed SSIS package to consume? Are there alternatives?

• It could be a NAS share - a separate drive on the server that is shared - a folder on a different server even.  All depends on how you want to manage those files.

I generally create a location on a data drive on the server where the package will be running and share that folder to the proxy account and the end users.  But I also have packages that place the files on remote shares and NAS locations - so again, it all depends.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply