SSIS package runs in VS but not deployed to SSMS

• I have a simple SSIS package that loads a csv file to a SQL Server table then executes 4 update statements. It runs fine from Visual Studio but deployed to SSMS in an ISC Catalog it fails with messages I have no clue about. Any ideas?:

• The message is pretty clear - the OLE DB provider the package requires is not registered on the server.  When you develop on your workstation you are developing using a 32-bit application - and therefore using 32-bit drivers.

When deployed to the server - it will be run by default in 64-bit and expects the 64-bit drivers to be installed, registered and available.  If you set the package up to run in 32-bit mode it will expect the 32-bit drivers to be available.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• If I choose to check the box for "32-bit runtime" I get the same message. What additional configurations need changed or do I need to add a driver to SQL Server for the 32-bit issue?

• If you get the same message, then the driver isn't installed on the server.  Install the 74 bit driver.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

• Do I install the driver on the actual machine that the SQL Server resides on or my local machine? And do I download the driver and install it? Totally new to the process.

• On the server where the package is running.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Jeffrey Williams. Reason: Stupid phone

Jeffrey Williams

― Charles R. Swindoll

• The machine is a 64-bit operating system windows 10... but I have no idea how to find the drivers or install a 64-bit driver without breaking something.

• Installing OLE DB Driver for SQL Server - OLE DB Driver for SQL Server | Microsoft Docs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/oledb/applications/installing-oledb-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15
  • thats the latest version of the driver  - you can download it from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/oledb/oledb-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

• How do I tell if I need the x86 or the x64 driver?

• any current SQL Server should be 64 bit, specially if it has SSIS catalog on it - so install that one, and ensure that when you execute the package you execute it in 64bit mode.

but "select @@version" will tell you if its 32 or 64bit

• Jeffrey Williams wrote:

Install the 74 bit driver.

Oh I want some of that. When 64 bits just isn't quite enough!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

Jeffrey Williams wrote:

Install the 74 bit driver.

Oh I want some of that. When 64 bits just isn't quite enough!

Hah, stupid phone ??

Jeffrey Williams

― Charles R. Swindoll

• I resolved the 64bit issue on the host machine (thanks!) but two errors remain:Capture

• That is just one issue, and the error message seems clear. This is running on the server and therefore (presumably) it cannot access that path when it runs.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply