SSIS Expression help

• Hi Guys,/

Is anyone can help me convert this SQL to SSIS Expression?

SELECT DATEADD(DAY,DATEDIFF(DAY,0,CONVERT(DATE,DATEADD(WK,DATEDIFF(WK,0,GETDATE()),0) - 8)), '00:00:00')

Thanks in Advance.

• What have you tried so far?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• DATEADD("DD" ,DATEDIFF( "DD" , @[User::Todays_Date] ,CONVERT(DATE,DATEADD("WK",DATEDIFF( "WK", @[User::Todays_Date] ,GETDATE()), @[User::Todays_Date] ) - 28)), '00:00:00')

@Todays_Date variable holds Today's date with DATETIME data type.

• I think the original SQL has some redundant parts in it, I believe it can be simplified to:

SELECT DATEADD(DAY, -8, DATEADD(WK, DATEDIFF(WK, 0, GETDATE()), 0));

Looking at the SSIS expression you tried, you are comparing the week of today vs week of today in your inner most DATEDIFF which will almost always be 0, so I believe that is a problem.  I'd try having a variable @starting which is assigned something like "01/01/1900" and using a formula like:

DATEADD("DD", -8, DATEADD("WK",DATEDIFF( "WK", @[User::starting], GETDATE()), @[User::starting] ) )
  • Just tested Chris' solution and it seems to do the job.

2020-07-23_20-20-41

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply