SSIS Error: "Please Specify Server Password"

• ProtectLevel = EncryptSensitiveWithPassword

And I entered the password in the properties box, but get the error when running the scheduled job.

In the scheduled job, the @COMMAND value is:

@command=N'/FILE "\"C:\SSIS_Packages\MyPackageName.dtsx\"" /DECRYPT "\"MyPassword\"" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E',

I would really prefer to not have passwords at all, but can't seem to get around it.

"DontSaveSensitive" fails with the same password error.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by  homebrew01.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by  homebrew01.
  • Do you know which task or which connection manager item in your SSIS package is erroring? EncryptSensitiveWithPassword probably is the correct way to implement this, I have used it regularly without a problem. I'd check that your connection manager items actually have the passwords in them. If this were a problem with the package password, you would get a different error.

• DontSaveSensitive is what I use.  All passwords should be provided through configurations.

Preferable some kind of configuration that doesn't leave it sitting there in plain text, such as command-line configuration in a SQL Agent job step.

• Test connections work when editing the package. I have an old package that works, and can't see what's different.

I need an SSIS for Dummies book I think.

• Resolution: Looks like the problem was a password connecting to an FTP site, not a local SQL password.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply