SSIS 101: Object Variables, ResultSets, and Foreach Loop Containers

• Thanks very much Andy.... 🙂

• The was great into.!!!!!!!!!

Need a little though. I have doing same thing except I need to add a where clause to SQL in the Excute SQL Task!

How does that work?

I tried:

Select AdjustSQLCode from _ut_PCA_Client_Import_Format_Cycle_Adjust

WHERE FormatID = @FormatID

Mapping Paramter:

Variable Name = User::FormatID Direction = input DataType = Long Parameter Name = 0

• Terrific article, Andy - many, many thanks.

This got me started with understanding how to shred SQL data using the Object variable type. This understanding will now help me implement all kinds of great functionality at work.

Thanks again.

- Simon

• i didnt unserstand from where we have to configure the store procedure so that its performance can increase twice from earlier..plz im cinfused..if im calling the store procedure from C# file..how can i do this.i will be realy thankful to u

• good article, can't wait to try it Thanks;)

• Hi Rana,

I'm not sure this article will help you. It was about SSIS and didn't really touch on C#.

Andy

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• thank alot for replying.and im really very happy that only today i joind this community,i mean i got registered on this site and i asked question and got reply very soon..sorry i took the topic wrong.actually i read very less ,i was facinated by the line..store procedure calls performance can be increased by twice..

• Nice article, Andy. I tried this on SS2k8 and one thing that surprised me was a number of small details that changed and threw me first: Like "Dts.Results.Success" no longer works and is replaced by "ScriptResults,Success".

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (2/6/2009)

Nice article, Andy. I tried this on SS2k8 and one thing that surprised me was a number of small details that changed and threw me first: Like "Dts.Results.Success" no longer works and is replaced by "ScriptResults,Success".

Is it really ScriptResults[comma]Success?:D

• Jack Corbett (2/6/2009)

RBarryYoung (2/6/2009)

Nice article, Andy. I tried this on SS2k8 and one thing that surprised me was a number of small details that changed and threw me first: Like "Dts.Results.Success" no longer works and is replaced by "ScriptResults,Success".

Is it really ScriptResults[comma]Success?:D

Ooops. Heh, yeah I guess that would be a very surprising change!

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Great article....

• Thanks for all the encouragement!

RBarry, I mostly write about SSIS 2005 because I sense most of the SSIS market is using SSIS 2005. I could be wrong. I plan to switch to writing about SSIS 2008 this year.

:{> Andy

• Oh I think that you're right, Andy. I wasn't trying to be critical, I just happened to have the 2008 version open at the time, so I tried it out there. I had initially thought that there would be no code-level difference, but was surprised that there was. I wonder if that breaks when you upgrade or does it convert it?

[/font]

• Hi RBarry,

I didn't take it as a criticism - I appreciate the comment.

In my experience, scripts don't convert well from SSIS 2005 to SSIS 2008. I suspect it has a lot to do with the changes to the script engine. SSIS 2005 uses Visual Studio for Applications (VSA) and SSIS 2008 uses Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA).

(You probably already know this. I type it for the benefit of those who happen upon this thread while searching...)

:{> Andy

• Thanks for the Article. I had been fighting to get the object type into foreachloop for a day. this article saved a lot of time. very well written.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply