SSIS 101: Object Variables, ResultSets, and Foreach Loop Containers

• Hey, this wouldn't work for me if I make the variable assigment (in your example "LastName" type string, it will only run if that variable is of type Object as well....if I do that, then I can't use the variable in anything useful afterwards.

What am I doing wrong here?!

• Thanks Andy for posting such a useful article!!

• Thanks for the article, Andy. I have a project that needs to read the XML file and load it into JDE tables. In my SSIS package, I loaded the XML file with XML Source and saved the result to a variable, User::XML using Recordset Destination. Then I used a Foreach ADO Enumerator in Foreach Loop Container and mapped the contents of the XML variable into 4 other variables. I am stuck after this since I don't know how to load those variable to JDE table. I was thinking to use Script Task to load into the JDE table but I keep getting error of

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection' to type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'.

Hopefully you can give me some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Yik Wing

• I have a csv file which has 18 rows and 5 columns. I have transferred the file into a 2 dimensional array.

Now i am using a ForEach from Variable Enumerator.

In the Variable Mappings i have mapped the 5 variables with different indexes.

Refer to the Attachements...

The problem is The loop is running 18 x 5 = 90 times as ForEach loop is not considering it as a 2D array.

Please suggest.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply