SSAS - Determining Last Reboot/Restart

• Is there a way to determine when the SSAS Service last restarted? preferably a [mdx] query like you can do with the DB engine using a T-SQL query but any method that does not going to the servers OS and checking would be fine. I tried googling for this and got 0 hits.

NOTE: I looked for a SSAS forum/thread but did not see one so if I have posted this in the wrong location please let me know.

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
  • I am not aware that SSAS stores the last started value anywhere. If you are ok with using the servers event log, a PowerShell scripts can get it for you:

(Get-EventLog -LogName "System" -ComputerName <Your Server Name> -Source "Service Control Manager" -EntryType "Information" -Message "The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service entered the running state." -Newest 1).TimeGenerated;

• You can find service stopped and started time and date from msmdsrv.log.By default the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS13.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Config..You can also find the location of msmdsrv.log from SSMS connect Analysis server, right click check properties and look for LogDir Value.Once you find the location open the file with notepad and search for “Message: service stopped” to find all SSAS service stopped time and “Message: service started” to find SSAS service started time.Search for “Event ID: 0xC1000016” to find if there was an unexpected service disruption.

Tanx 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply