SQLH2: The Free Health, History and Performance Monitoring Tool

• I've hit a roadblock that I'm hoping someone hgas some ideas on.

I'm versed in SQL Server's core DB product/service but am very new amd green with regards to Reporting Services. I installed this tool and followed the instructions to the letter, differening only where appopriate such as serviname, ect. When I get to the step where I add a Data Source I get the below err msg when clicking OKK to create the new data source:

The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) (rsRPCError) Get Online Help The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled)

The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled)

The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled)

Bad Data. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090005)

I looked this up and found a posting about Backup/Restore/Change & Delete of an Encryption key. I am however uncertain about any of these, about performing any action as nothing about this was listed in the Comprehensive Install Guide which I used for the install/Setup of the Health tool.

There are a few other SSRS based reports on this same server/instance which are in live use and so I must be careful what I do about my own error so as to not break anyone else's existing reports. Is there any way to reset this to it's state prior to installing the SQLH2 tool?

It looks like the encryption on this is optional. Is there any way to remove it entirely without loosing any existing reports? If it is discovered later that a consultant (or whomever added these other reports in use) has them set up wioth encryption can that encryption be added back? I'm trying to find a way to get this all working even if it means stripping out encryption and then putting it bacl.

What is PRIORITY is to not loose/break/destroy the ther reports on the same insktance of SSRS.

Thanks in adavance!

HELP??

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
  • Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Does the SQLH2 solution also record SQL Agent Job stats.

I need a solution that monitors a large ETL BI warehouse jobs.

Thanks

Rob

• I am no longer using this product, so I don't know your answer. Microsoft was pretty good about answering questions about it, so you might take a look at the documentation for a contact email.

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• Thanks Kathi,

I will search else where.

Rob

• Shoot an email to SQLH2@Microsoft.com if you don't find the answer.

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• Does SQLH2 supports SQL Server 2008??..

Why does it doesn`t work on Clusters?.

• Your article is very good, one of the best I have found on the web. I am very new to SQL Server, reporting services, .NET etc and am on the steep edge of the learning curve. I have inherited a server running SQL Server 2005 and I am trying to get SQLH2 to work. Reporting services is running as I can create reports using .NET, but what I can not do, in the ReportV2.cab section, is

"create a data source pointing to the Repository database and upload each report"

Most probably, reporting services is not properly configured, but try as I might, I can not execute this step. If you could give me a few pointers it would truly help. Thanks

• This may have been covered already, but we encountered a problem with the scheduled task not collecting data. First you will need to select the option to execute the task with highest priviledges. Then create a batch file that runs the SQLH2.exe file.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply