SQL State Error 'HYT00'

• OK, you are probably right.

Well at least I am able to create a couple of new DSN's to get me going.

If you find anything further, please post.

Thanks again,

Dan

• The way Multiprotocol works, it'll pass the computer name to RPC, and RPC will attempt to make a connection to the server using each supported NetLibrary present: Named Pipes, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, whatever is there. It'll also do name resolution based on those methods (broadcast, WINS, SAP). Perhaps it was just too much traffic all at once?

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I am facing the same error. I have Cisco VPN installed on a few PCs that need access from home. It used to work fine. Now, issues. I don't know what may have changed. Service pack??

I can connect to the server. I can see the server shared drives, etc. I can get to my Outlook mail (albeit incredibly slow).

However, when I try anything dealing with SQL databases I get the error. I can't connect to my databases (SQL Server 2000). I tried creating a new odbc connection. The server list box shows the servers, but I get the error if I try to connect to them.

My server is Windows 2000 server.

• Hello,

I have similar problem. Two application server exactly the same configuration one works fionr one reports this error. I use TCP/IP only, telnet works fine but in ODBC or OLE DB provider this error.

Any ideas?

MCP ID# 1115468 Ceritified Since 1998
    MCP, MCSE, MCP+I, MCSE+I, MCSA,
    MCDBA SQL7.0 SQL 2000, MCTS SQL 2005

• This link maybe helpful.

http://jesseorosz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E322FD91218E57CF!176.entry

• I had a similar problem occurring this morning. The issue was that there were two entries for the same server listed in the drop-down sql server list for multiple servers. How this happened? I don't know, but there is an MDAC Component checker that may assist you in resolving your problem. It may be that you have corrupt MDAC files. Here's the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8F0A8DF6-4A21-4B43-BF53-14332EF092C9&displaylang=en

Also, the suggestion above to use the IP address did clear up the problem for me and was a solid quick fix.

• kreskins - Sunday, January 20, 2002 1:05 PM

My web server is not allowing me to create a system DSN to connect to another server. I am using TCP/IP net lib, I have tried upgrading MDAC, I still am unable to get past the screen where it asks for authentication method. It throws the the following error:Connection Failed:SQLState: 'HYT00'SQL Server Error: 0[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired.I don't know if this is an issue but the servers have gateways that are on different subnets. one is on a 1.2.x subnet and the other is on a 1.2.y subnet. Would this contribute to my problemsthanks for any helpThanks For your continued Help.

hi... recently, i faced the same situation. I just added the program to firewall and all got ok.... you should try... 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply