SQL Server Replication Issues

• I have set up replication between two servers. Server 1 is the distribution server and the publication server. Server 2 is the subscriber. It seems to be working and no errors are showing. Yet no data is in the database. What is wrong?

• I'm assuming transactional replication since you didn't specify and my guess is that it's waiting for the snapshot to be taken. Look under SQL Agent jobs for a job with the category "REPL-Snapshot" and the job name should be in a format like "ServerName-DatabaseName-PublicationName-Number". The snapshot is needed to initialize replication.

• I did the initial snapshot at the beginning. Doing another one now. Still nothing

• Anyone have any suggestions?

• Again, anyone?

• Is there a subscription on your publication ?

Is the distribution agent running ?

• Hi,

take a look in the replication monitor. Are there any error or something like that. Is everything fine, or some red "x"?

And take a look at your error from distribution database:

SELECT * FROM [distribution].[dbo].[MSrepl_errors] ORDER BY time DESC

Kind regards,

Andreas

• Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Invalid object name 'distribution.dbo.MSrepl_errors'.

• No red X in replication monitor

• Jason.Mallory (2/11/2016)

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Hm,

try this please:

USE DISTRIBUTION

GO

SELECT * FROM [distribution].[dbo].[MSrepl_errors] ORDER BY time DESC

Or just search for this object, it must be on the distribution-server, in the distribution database.

• Is the log reader agent running? You can check in the replication monitor, or by locating the SQL Server Agent job.

Also, go to the subscription under 'Replication', right click, view synchronization status, what does it say?

• Msg 911, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Database 'DISTRIBUTION' does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply