SQL Server Kerberos authentication from a Linux clients

• Hi All,

I have a need to establish a SQL Server Kerberos authentication from a RedHat Linux application server.  In my case, at the time a customer builds this Linux application server, I do not know what type of database servers a user will be connecting to nor do I know what datacenter or domain these database servers reside in.

Today, I can establish a SQL Server Windows authentication using NTLM or NTLMv2 against any SQL Server in any domain.  What I would like to do is to establish a Kerberos authentication against any number of servers in any domains.

My questions and hopefully someone has experiences with this.  Can I make a SQL Server Kerberos authentication on my Linux box without having the need to be a member of every domain servers that I need a to connect to for Kerberos?  Most likely the database servers I will be connecting to are scattered in all different datacenters and in many different domains.

Would having the Kerberos server info (KRB, REALM, Encryption type) be enough for me for a JDBC connection?  I would ask the user for (hostname, port, domain name, domain user and password) to get enough information to get a krb ticket and make a connection?

If you have done this before or have any references that can help, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,

Louis Lam.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply