SQl server gets Restarted when i run the DBCC Check table command

• Are you on a cluster?

One of the reason for SQL server restarts are issues with MSDTC in a cluster.

Also you can check for eventvwr logs during the specific restart you saw. Can open a case with MS also on this issue.

• gets rebooted when run DBCC Check DB too.....

nope its not a cluster server ...its stand alone only....

• ebenraja (5/11/2009)

gets rebooted when run DBCC Check DB too.....

nope its not a cluster server ...its stand alone only....

Dont you think it was a slow response from your side?

Anyways, What do you see in the log file entry before server restarts? and do you have any other jobs running or any processes on sql server when you run DBCC CheckDB?

• Hi, do you have enough space in E: drive?

Here is some documentation about a similar error:

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67196

• At any given point of time my E drive which has a total capacity of 400 Gb has 40 GB of free space...

Its not a clustered server and there are no stack dumps in the error log file.

Even creating an index in the table also results in server restart.

I feel that this has something with the hardware of the server but i am still not able to substantiate it,...

Regards

Eben

• Here you have some documentation about tunning Indexes:

http://www.sql-server-performance.com/tips/index_tuning_wizard_p1.aspx

• Here's a silly question, how far back are you on the Service Pack for SQL 2005? I know it sounds strange but we had an old server that slipped through the cracks and hadn't been patched in a really long time, giving us weird restarts a couple times (yes this was a production server... 🙁 ) Most of the weird problems cleared out when Service Packs and patches were made current.

Gaby________________________________________________________________"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not." - Albert Einstein

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply