SQL Server Agent - Service Startup Account

• I'm trying to extract the Account that is being used for the SQL Server Agent....Is this information stored in a system table somewhere?  Or is this something I have to go to the OS to find?

• Found it:

sp_get_sqlagent_properties

Returns startup_account field in output.  Apparently this stored procedure has to his the registry to find this info.

• From EM, click on Management and right click SQL Server Agent.  Select Properties - you can view and modify the info here.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for the reply, but I'm trying to extract it using some type of SELECT statement.

• Heres a the extracted code that you requested:

declare @startup_account nvarchar(100)

execute master.dbo.xp_regread N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE',

N'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SQLServerAgent',

N'ObjectName',

@startup_account output,

N'no_output'

select @startup_account

This was taken from the SP that Buck mentioned earlier in the post. This works for a 'default' instance only. I'll leave it up to you to dig out the extra 3-4 lines of of code to make it work for either a 'default' or a 'named' instance !

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply