SQL Server 2008 R2 performance counters missing

• Hi All, I'm having some issue on 1 of my nodes in my SQL server 2008 R2 cluster. The OS is on Server 2012 R2

Currently 1 of the nodes do not have the SQL performance counters loaded while the other nodes works fine without issue. I tried several steps on unloading & loading the counters as mention on 1 of technet's blog. Not to mention I tried rebuilding the whole counter as well. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatform/2017/08/03/sql-performance-counters-are-missing/

However it doesn't did the trick as I still can't start the Activity Monitor on Management Studio for this node. I check the PerfMon and can't find any counters related to SQL instance. The 2nd node however do not have such problem. May I know how do i fix this problem?

• I notice you say this is a SQL Server 2008 R2 cluster.  I want to get clarification on what you are saying.  Are you saying when Node2 is the active node, you can get the performance counters, but when Node1 is the active node, you cannot?  When you are trying to look at the performance counters, I assume you are connecting to the virtual host and not one of the nodes directly.

• Chris Harshman wrote:

I notice you say this is a SQL Server 2008 R2 cluster.  I want to get clarification on what you are saying.  Are you saying when Node2 is the active node, you can get the performance counters, but when Node1 is the active node, you cannot?  When you are trying to look at the performance counters, I assume you are connecting to the virtual host and not one of the nodes directly.

Yes Chris, that's correct. Node 2 doesn't have such problem, even when it's not active I can still find the performance counters at perfmon. I'm connecting to the host through a virtual host.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply