SQL Profiler with any express edition

• Hi All

Can anyone pls let me know if SQL Profiler comes with any of SQL Express versions(2008,2012,2014..).

I don't see a clear answer on internet on it.

thanks

Online Trainer For SQL DBA and Developer @RedBushTechnologies with 18 yrs exp.

• I just Googled "SQL Express Profiler", and got loads of results saying that it doesn't come with SQL Express. What were your search terms :-D?

• I have profiler and I only installed SQL Server 2012 Express with tools

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • I searched many combinations. And saw many responses where people claimed that it is coming with SQL Server 2014 express, but i couldn't find anything on MS official site.

Beatrix Kiddo (8/7/2015)

I just Googled "SQL Express Profiler", and got loads of results saying that it doesn't come with SQL Express. What were your search terms :-D?

• really?? I already tried installing 2012 express from this file :ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe( mine is 64 bit). This was the biggest file with 1.3 GB size. So I though it will have everything, but it didn't.

I could see followinf more files on MSDN. Can you ls let me know which one you installed?

ENU\x64\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SqlLocalDB.MSI

ENU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

Luis Cazares (8/7/2015)

I have profiler and I only installed SQL Server 2012 Express with tools

• I think I should try WT (with tools). trying that.....

• S_Kumar_S (8/7/2015)

really?? I already tried installing 2012 express from this file :ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe( mine is 64 bit). This was the biggest file with 1.3 GB size. So I though it will have everything, but it didn't.

I could see followinf more files on MSDN. Can you ls let me know which one you installed?

ENU\x64\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe

ENU\x64\SqlLocalDB.MSI

ENU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

Luis Cazares (8/7/2015)

I have profiler and I only installed SQL Server 2012 Express with tools

This is the installer I have:

SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply