SQL 2012 through 2019 in-place

• I've downloaded SQL Server Standard 2019 to upgrade our database because we have a Microsoft Campus Agreement, but I'm being asked for a license for SQL Server 2019 Reporting Services. MECM is an entitlement, however I can't seem to find a license for it on the Microsoft Volume Licensing Site. Anyone know anything about this? Is it possible to merely choose Developer or Express?

http://call-bomber.co.in/

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• fujitora19 wrote:

I've downloaded SQL Server Standard 2019 to upgrade our database because we have a Microsoft Campus Agreement, but I'm being asked for a license for SQL Server 2019 Reporting Services. MECM is an entitlement, however I can't seem to find a license for it on the Microsoft Volume Licensing Site. Anyone know anything about this? Is it possible to merely choose Developer or Express?

Call the people that got the Microsoft Campus Agreement to begin with.  If that's you, call Microsoft.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hopefully you've solved this long ago, but this is a stupid issue that Microsoft created when they split out the SSRS installer.  Grab the product key from your database engine installer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/install-windows/find-reporting-services-product-key-ssrs?view=sql-server-ver15

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply