Spaces not being accepted???

• Typing up this comment: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/are-the-posted-questions-getting-worse/page/4229/#post-3536335

When I was typing the last line of the message, anytime I hit space, no space was inserted.  I had to go back and put the cursor in the appropriate places and hit space, which worked.  My initial thought was that it was my keyboard (older laptop, some keys act up) but this message has given me no problems leading me to think it was something weird with the site.

• Interesting.

There is a space before this line. I entered it, the typed this text.

Adding a space below

• Looks like spaces are stripped. That's a function of some editors that try to clean up random mistakes, double spaces, etc.

When you did this, were you trying to add text after a space? Or are spaces disappearing elsewhere?

• Testing:the space problem

nope still spacing.

I'd say possibly the length of the post, but there's obviously longer posts elsewhere and it doesn't seem anyone else had problems.

(Last bits of detail, just in case:  OS:  Windows 10 Pro 1809 / browser:  Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit))

• What does the "nope still spacing mean"? You lost a space around colons?

Testing : There are spaces on both sides of the colon

• My apologies, no.  What I thought potentially might've been the leadup to the spaces stopping was, in my original post, I put in "Avengers:Endgame" (no spaces by intent) and the next line down spaces stopped working.

(I should know better when posting a technical support type query like this to provide a lot of detail, to make it easier on the folks on the other end.  Again, apologies.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply