Snap Shot error

• Message: Failed to read from server Stack: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.SqlServer.NativeBcpOutProvider.ThrowNativeBcpOutException(CConnection* pNativeConnectionWrapper)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.SqlServer.BcpOutThreadProvider.DoWork(WorkItem workItem)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.WorkerThread.NonExceptionBasedAgentThreadProc()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.MainWorkerThread.AgentThreadProc()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.AgentCore.BaseAgentThread.AgentThreadProcWrapper() (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 0)

MCSE SQL Server 2012\2014\2016

• Where did this error come from (publisher, subscriber, error log, where).

It appears that your snapshot failed to go. What was the situation? Is this a new article?

• It's happening on the publisher on the snap shot agent, it starts to bcp my articals then it fails with this error. I have 127GB on the drive so I know it's not taking up space and failing, I've watched it. 🙂

• It might be rights, though I'd expect a security error. Are the rights of the agents changed?

• Nope, using the same admin account accross the board, I have gotten a connection error earlier. So I then added that admin account to the administrators group and this this started happening.

• SQL New New (7/24/2009)

It's happening on the publisher on the snap shot agent, it starts to bcp my articals then it fails with this error. I have 127GB on the drive so I know it's not taking up space and failing, I've watched it. 🙂

If the publisher and distributor are different machines check the speed and duplex settings on both. If one is at half duplex it can cause problems taking the snapshot.

Kendal Van Dyke
    http://kendalvandyke.blogspot.com/[/url]

• Did you ever find a resolution to this thread?

• Swoozie,

I think it was permissions. This was a few years ago, are you having issues with repl?

• Very Similar issue, I just reposted the errors I located in the forum in a new post, since this one was so old.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply