Snack Attack

• OK, I've done a bunch of editorials on security this week. It's been in the news, it's a new year, everyone's making resolutions to be better, some bugs released, so it's been a topic. Actually it was last week when I found these links and started sketching topics, but that's another story.

So today I wanted to take a break from the serious stuff. I found this link awhile back, Snacksby, which is an interesting idea. It's an idea that a friend actually pitched something similar to me years ago, but she never got it going. So with that idea, this week's poll is:

What's Your Favorite Snack while working?

I know, I know, not a great poll question for the IT crowd, but maybe something will strike your fancy. Maybe you'll discover a new snack from a response from someone else. Maybe I'll get to be a spokesman.

The only thing that I've usually craved when I'm working, and it's pretty rare, is a Dairy Queen Blizzard, preferable something with peanut butter in it. There used to be one a block over when I worked in Virginia as a developer. The team would walk over a few times a week when the weather was warm for a break.

Since then I usually have water and diet coke at my side, but that's about it. Still once in awhile I swing by for an afternoon snack and quick sugar rush.

• I used to work near a sandwich bar that did banana, cream cheese and honey sandwiches. Superb!

• I used to work within walking distance of M&S and always get lunch there - good exercise too.

Christmas dinner in a sandwich and sweet chilli chicken salad were the favourites.

These days it's Go Ahead almond and cranberry granola bars that I bulk buy with umpteen mugs of tea.

• Here in the UK a good start to the day is the morning trip to the local 'greasy spoon' cafe.

Orders are taken from our team for a range of breakfast baps:  bacon, bacon/egg, sausage, sausage/egg or the current favourite - Full english bun...an egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato and beans in a bun...a large bun admittedly ....but a very tasty bun all the same.

That seems to set the day up nicely for the lunch time order which consists of.....

Cheers...Burp

• Don't be daft...........CHOCOLATE!!

Madame Artois

• This time of year...clementines, i've eaten 7 this morning

David

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• Two favorites but not at the same time:

1. Lays Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips (No Trans Fat)
    2. Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs Chips Ahoy! thin chips (3g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol)
  • Just about anything that's going really, as long as it doesn't have pineapple or sweetcorn in it!

But you can't go wrong with a bacon and egg sandwich in the morning to tide you over till lunch.

• In the afternoon a Cappuccino made on my Tassimo and perhaps a bit of chocolate.  Nothing like some caffine to get the brain moving......

• On the other hand I have been known to crunch mints one after another when everything has gone 'Pete Tong'.  I can get throught packets in a day

Madame Artois

• I like to chew on the network cable that connects the Websense "server" to the network.  Can't get to the link...

I'm all over the Gardetto's snack mix.  That keeps me going.

When I was stationed at Pixar (12 years ago) there was no end to the snacky goodness.  They had food everywhere in their office, placed on little artsy tables and stools in the hallways.  Finger sandwiches and M&Ms and carrot sticks in the North hallway, then sushi and peanuts and apples by the South.  

That was weird, but yummy.

jg

• Coffee, Coffee and more coffee with an occasional muffin thrown in for breakfast...

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Ginger nuts (cookies/ biscuites) dunked in a hot cup of tea - problem is that they never end at the same time.

An old favorite - Toast and marmalade with bacon on top, although crumbs on the keyboard is something to watch out for

** What you see, Depends on what you Thought, Before, You looked! **

• Blair's Death Rain Habenero kettle-style potato chips -- those'll wake you up fast -- with water to wash them down.

Or chocolate -- can't go wrong there!

• Usually in the winter it's hot chocolate made with coffee and a bit of creamer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply