Small Changes, Big Results

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Small Changes, Big Results

• I agree.. small changes in knowledge are easier to learn and remember than trying to learn everything at once.  I've also learned that, instead of learning how to solve a given problem, it's extremely beneficial to learn all the small "gazintas" that were used to solve the problem.

The reason for that is, of course, the tools used to solve the problem can be used in different combinations to solve other problems.  "Learning how to think" about things and continuing to improve on that as you learn new tools is super important (and I have such a tidbit in my signature line below).

I like to teach and one of the most important lessons I learned over time is that "A person that's dying of thirst isn't going to be helped much by a tsunami".  In other words, the "Proper Order of Revelation" of small steps is probably the most important thing there is in teaching... especially if you're teaching yourself.

Nice article and good reminder.  Thanks, Ryan.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply