SHirnkage of Database Log File

• Hi Experts ,

I have Created a Database GTM where I have give my Path and file name in D Drive .Now I have to Reduce this GTM.ldf File which is located in D Drive has to be reduced because it is almost 20 GB .SO please kindly help me over this issue .

When I Run the Query

it gives Me with the following Error

Could not locate file 'GTM_log' for database 'GTM' in sys.database_files. The file either does not exist, or was dropped.

Regards

Giri Prakash

• chintalagiriprakash (12/20/2016)

Hi Experts ,

I have Created a Database GTM where I have give my Path and file name in D Drive .Now I have to Reduce this GTM.ldf File which is located in D Drive has to be reduced because it is almost 20 GB .SO please kindly help me over this issue .

[highlight="#ffff11"]When I Run the Query [/highlight]

it gives Me with the following Error

Could not locate file 'GTM_log' for database 'GTM' in sys.database_files. The file either does not exist, or was dropped.

Regards

Giri Prakash

What query were you running?

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• I Have Been running this Query

DBCC SHRINKFILE (GTM_log , 10)

Regards

Giri

• I Have Been running this Query

DBCC SHRINKFILE (GTM_log , 10)

Regards

Giri

• What do you get back for

Use GTM;

SELECT name FROM sys.database_files

?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply