Setting Session Skill Levels

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Setting Session Skill Levels

• Hi Kathi,

Do you possibly have a link to those window function sessions? I'd love to check it out, thanks!

• Kathi, I like your idea of having the intro PowerPoint deck running on repeat, describing the skills level to comprehend what you'll discuss. As someone whose sat in sessions that I thought were for beginners, but instead turned out to be advanced (to me, at least), I really appreciate know ahead of time. That way I can find something more appropriate to my understanding.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• I think having a slide so attendees can decide whether the presentation will benefit them is a good idea. I think it would be a good idea to include that on the SQLSaturday website, too, so people can read it while creating their schedules. I don't want to be one of those dummies taking up a seat in a presentation that's going to be way over my head.

• Kathi, what you mention is important, it would help a lot to the participants (in the sense of obtaining the concrete information) and to the speaker (in the sense of being able to deepen in details of the subject) this will help to promote that the conference gets to be enjoyed to the maximum .

I take this opportunity to reiterate the request for primitivefuture2006

Greetings from Peru

• You may not have this luxury in every venue but I ended up working in a short description of what was meant by beginner or intermediate into the session description.

Something like

"This session assumes some familiarity with using window functions against SQL aggregates, and will discuss the finer or lesser known attributes of these functions.  The content is intended for technical roles."  (sorry I haven't had the privilege to sit through your sessions so I'm guessing at the content 🙂 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Biggest problem that I have with these Windows Functions is that the Concept is straight-forward but the T-SQL Syntax to achieve the desired result is Arcane.

It's almost like the education needs to be reversed. Instead of showing some confusing SQL then showing the Result it needs to be this is what you get then show how to do it.

Hard for me to explain what I want. Sometimes I'm a Learner sometimes a Mentor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply