SELECT INTO

• paul.knibbs

If all people want to do is earn points, they can just wait until the day after the question is asked (when the answer is given on the daily e-mail) and then just go and answer it with their new-found knowledge!

Thinking the same thing as you mention, I did follow the answers to my QODs published 4/15/10 (Model mdb) and 4/16/10 (Statistics) for a week and found that the percent correct answers for Model.mdb rose from 31.72 % to 35.10%, for Statistics it rose from 16.29% to 33% ... so varying results not pointing to a specific conclusion.

paul s-306273

This question was poorly presented.

I hope we don't see questions presented in this way again.

paul s-306273 sorry you feel that way - hopefully you could do better - give it a try .... Composing and presenting a QOD is not as easy as many assume. If by presenting you are referring to an image instead of code which can be cut and pasted, rest assured that when appropriate, and if Steve Jones will accept them, that is the method myself and a few others will be using in the future.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Ron - I'd have thought QOD should be like asking for help in a forum. Make it esay for yourself to be understood.

As for posing a question, I don't actually have access to SQL Server, so I'd feel that was a bit of a fraud.

• UMG Developer (6/13/2010)

I got it wrong because I didn't read the question correctly, I thought it was asking how many rows where returned.

Damn! Same here!!!!!

• Looks like this question is a better gauge of ability to read instructions than SQL syntax.

For the record: I got it wrong too thinking it was asking about the number of rows, not columns.

• paul s-306273

As for posing a question, I don't actually have access to SQL Server, so I'd feel that was a bit of a fraud.

Sorry to hear that you do not have SQL Server. If you have a home computer ... You can purchase SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition (Which has all the capability of the Enterprize Edition) from Amazon.com for USD 43.18 and install it on Windows XP. Cheap way to get a powerful tool for learning.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Thanks Ron for the question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• yuck... i mistook the question as how many rows (instead of columns) will be returned and chose a wrong answer... my bad...

• +1.

Guess I need to read the question more carefully.

• Michael Poppers (6/14/2010)

UMG Developer (6/13/2010)

I got it wrong because I didn't read the question correctly, I thought it was asking how many rows where returned.

Somwhere within my neuron subsystem, I noticed the word "columns" instead of "rows," but my clicking finger didn't get the message and nevertheless clicked on 2 instead of 3 :-).

Snap!

And I agree with whoever said that images instead of text are a PITA, partly since I often have things set not to download images but more because bad cropping seems common.

Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply