Script Generates Audit Triggers

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Script Generates Audit Triggers

• Article is good, only thing is caution must be exercised when deleteing DB's. I usually take them offline for a while first and see if anyone complains, even if everyone is sure it's not used and there is no activity.

I've used profiler to monitor DB's for that same purpose, let it run for a while filtered by DB. That way if the DB is being used for reads you'll catch that too.

Mark

• I agree with Mr or Mrs 500....I am currently in the process of upgrading 2 of my SQL Server 2000 to 2005 and do now which to move over obsolete databases onto the new environment. Therefore I've put all the databases which I think are not in use into Single User mode and I have been awaiting for someone to scream...3 weeks now no one is screaming. I will wait for a further 2 - 3 months and then archive those databases in Single user mode....simple but effective......and other views are welcome of course.

• Before I actually delete the database files, I detach them for a few weeks and then save the files to a backup location before deleting the database files.

The triggers help to determine if the database is being used or not,

but you are right, care must be taken before actually deleting the database files.

• Interesting, does this script affect performance much?

• Thanks for the script.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply