Running batches in Stored Proc

• When I tried to run the stored proc below, only the first select line runs. Any idea why the rest of the lines are skipped.

=======================================

create PROCEDURE bsp_file_load

AS

set nocount on

select * from hdrrecord

select * from lcustrecord

select * from street_load

order by proorder

select * from uload

order by proorder

select * from vload

order by proorder

set nocount off

GO

====================================

Thanks.

• why don't u try by putting the statements inside a BEGIN --- END block ?

• What are you using to get the result datasets? When you run this in QA, can you run each select and obtain results?

If you are reading the data with a recordset object, you may need to use the appropriate command to get the next recordset (sorry - can't think of the proper command right now )

Guarddata-

Edited by - guarddata on 11/07/2003 09:25:13 AM

• Hi,

The queries run successfully together in QA but when the stored proc is run, only the first select is executed. The output is sent to a text file.

I will try using the begin and end to see what happens.

• eletuw...when you way the output is sent to a text file, what method are you using to send it? Is this a DTS routine? a query in bcp?

Guarddata-

• If I'm not mistaken Stored Procedures return only one RecordSet. You may need to use the NextRecordset method on the returned Recordset to access multiple RecordSets returned from a Stored Procedure.

• Thanks all. The BEGIN...END worked.

The challenge now is to run the stored proc from a job and get the output into a csv file.

• from where you are calling your stored procedure ?

Is there any configuration changes than the normal settings ? Earlier, i forced to put BEGIN--END and these days its not required in SQL 2000.

Linto

• If you are executing the procedure from front end then after the 1st select statement is executed the stored procedure skips all the other lines. I would suggest to get the values of the select statement into some variable and then use the print command to display the values.

Santosh Tiwari

Directions

Mumbai - INDIA

santosh@direct2s.com

Santosh Tiwari
    Directions
    Mumbai - INDIA
    santosh@direct2s.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply