Run Command Line within package - But which Task?

• Hi,

I need to execute the following prompt from within SSIS, but I don't know how. This is the command line that we've received from our supplier:

E:\Supplier\Exe\TaskSched.exe /d:E /l:en /n:abc /XX /p: /hs:123456789 “KW Test.ptf”

where:

d = Supplier drive

l = language

n = login

XX = makes it completely modeless (XY = With a dialogue summarising what’s running)

p= Supplier password

hs = dongle to use

NOTE

We are also advised that:

1. The task to run is then at the end of the command line – it is in quotes because of the space in the name.

2. There is also another switch that we need to put on the command line, /hf:51 (this prevents the task from accidentally using another license).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

• you should be able to run this with a system task in SSIS.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Can anyone else explain how I can achieve this within SSIS? (other than Dan Humphries)

Unfortunately, I can't find anything on the net to help.

• DerbyNeal (3/28/2011)

Can anyone else explain how I can achieve this within SSIS? (other than Dan Humphries)

Unfortunately, I can't find anything on the net to help.

Use the Execute Process Task.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• You can use the SSIS "execute process task", it is sometimes tricky with arguments. Below is the is link from Microsoft, I hope this helps.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178485(v=SQL.100).aspx

• "Execute Process Task" is the best choise upto me..

• Yes Execute Process Task works great!:-D

• DerbyNeal (3/25/2011)

Hi,

I need to execute the following prompt from within SSIS, but I don't know how. This is the command line that we've received from our supplier:

E:\Supplier\Exe\TaskSched.exe /d:E /l:en /n:abc /XX /p: /hs:123456789 “KW Test.ptf”

where:

d = Supplier drive

l = language

n = login

XX = makes it completely modeless (XY = With a dialogue summarising what’s running)

p= Supplier password

hs = dongle to use

NOTE

We are also advised that:

1. The task to run is then at the end of the command line – it is in quotes because of the space in the name.

2. There is also another switch that we need to put on the command line, /hf:51 (this prevents the task from accidentally using another license).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

There is absolutely no way in hell that I'd allow a login and password in any code, never mind plain text and especially NOT for a task scheduler of any kind. I consider this a major security violation and would quit my job rather than allow it.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply